Saturday, November 17, 2007

Another Project







A couple of weeks ago, a family friend who imports antiques from Europe called us to let us know he had a dresser he thought we would be interested in. It is from Hungary - they seem to make the greatest dressers that are huge, but don't take up a lot of space. My mom gave me one for my bedroom as a gift, and we have wanted another. This one was in rough shape, but was extremely cheap, so we took it on as a project. Nolan and I sanded it - it only took three days of sanding to get to the pine under all of that ugly paint. After we got it all sanded, I stained and polished it with Briwax. It turned out beautifully! Here are some before and after pics.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.

Jamie and Heather Darger said...

Helllloooo I found a blog of yours! Did you have fun in Cali? Where are the pic's! Update girly

Jamie and Heather Darger said...

Hopefully no one I know reads this... I dont have your email
(here is the one I tries sending you) pasted


Okeaayyyy you are just hilarious. You are nice because I would have dropped the pooping in the lake story along with the dirty underwear hiding in the closet (is that what happened? So I have heard) and who could forget Holli threatening to beat the crap out of me because "I looked just like her" and putting a hole in your wall. Ahhhh the days . But because you are the kind of person you are I knew as soon as I saw the "my first memory" I remember you mentioning Murphy Brown in the past...ha-ha That's funny. You made my night, I know I must have tortured you girls by being there at times. Hey, I help re-enforce your Christ like qualities. Anyways I appreciate you guys.

Hope you are doing good - that is so exciting for Kellie!!! I am glad it worked out after all the grief.

Heather