Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!


Happy Mother's Day to all of the great mothers out there - especially mine! I love my mom and am so thankful for the wonderful, kind, thoughtful and talented woman she is. I am so glad I was born to her. I am also thankful for a wonderful grandma and sister who also teach me so much about motherhood and womanhood in general. They are three of the greatest women I know and my best examples.

I am also thankful for my children - the little people who make me a mom. Nolan took care of them and kept them quiet this morning so I could sleep in! When I finally woke up, I was greeted by three very excited boys who were ready to have me open their cards and gifts. They each had a card they made in preschool, a gift and card grandma helped them make for me and a card and gift from them and Nolan. I also had a big, beautiful bouquet of roses and a breakfast of fruit waiting for me when I finally left my room. It was a great morning and the perfect way to start my Mother's Day. I love my little family and am so thankful for the love they show me, not just today, but always.

1 comment:

The Macdonalds said...

You do have a wonderful mom. Some of my favorite memories as a little kid are of things we did as a family with Aunt Laurie! XOXOX Cassie